Tuesday, 4 October 2016

Welcome you all, thanks for visiting

I'm RicardoJoglar or Ricardo Correa de Sá e Benevides which I believe to be too long for a blog author's name. Allow me to explain: Joglar is my project's name, a modified langue d'oc word that means both to create and perform poems and songs (being Langue d'Oc the vernacular language spoken in southeast France during the Middle Ages).

Well, I'm a Gregorian Chant teacher (in english some would name it "plain chant"), have worked for 19 years for the benedictine monks of Mosteiro de São Bento do Rio de Janeiro where gregorian chant has been sung for centuries.

My daily routine comprehends medieval music theories, neumatic notations, music paleography (which means the study and interpretation of IX to XIIIth centuries manuscript neumes), specific singing technique, latin, etc. 

So, I'll be sharing relevant experiences, routines and rich information as well helping those who will wish to understand this rich, intricated and blessed repertoire

Once again, be you welcome

Ricardo Joglar (if you prefer, Ricardo Correa de Sá e Benevides)

No comments:

Post a Comment